YARD DEBRIS POLICY
Over the course of last spring and summer, the Yard Debris Task Force used community input to improve the efficiency of Mountain Park’s excess yard debris collection service. Changes to the excess yard debris collection service for residents are listed below and took effect in January 2019. Please keep in mind that for the quickest response time, excess yard debris pick-up requests should be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT REMAINS THE SAME:
- Mountain Park provides green yard debris bins for residents at no charge.
- Mountain Park provides a pick-up service for excess yard debris at no charge.
- REPUBLIC SERVICES will continue to pick-up green yard debris bins on their regular service days – either Mondays, Tuesdays or Fridays depending on location.
WHAT HAS CHANGED:
- Residents should email or call for extra yard debris pick-up service between January through September.
- Pick-up for EXTRA YARD DEBRIS in Mountain Park is on Mondays only.
- REPUBLIC SERVICES collects and empties resident’s green yard debris container(s) on their regular pick up day.
- October – December: Regular pick-up for excess yard debris for the whole of Mountain Park will be on Mondays only.
1). You may request as many green bins at any time as you need, as long as you can store them out of sight.
Homeowners may contact MPHOA to order yard debris bins by phone at (503) 635-8333, via email at email@example.com or in person at the Clubhouse Front Desk.
2). If bins are not enough, yard debris paper bags can be used. Monday becomes the pick-up day for yard debris paper bags for all Mountain Park residents. This is a change from the current pick-up system that coincides with Republic Services collection for the majority of MPHOA.
Excess Yard Debris will be picked up after request have been made and as long as the following guidelines are met:
- Debris Bags must be paper and weigh less than 25 pounds.
- Debris bags will only be picked up if you participate in the Yard Debris Bin service.
- Everything in the bag must be biodegradable; only containing yard debris (grass clippings, leaves, small twigs/branches, and brush).
- All debris bags and bundles must be placed curbside by 6am and be visible from the street on Monday.
- Branches need to be under 4 inches in diameter and not exceed 8 feet in length and must be bundled together and tied tightly with biodegradable twine. Bundles of branches must weigh less than 25 pounds.
- Excess yard debris bags will not be picked up and a green “tag” will be put on them for the following reasons:
- Excessive weight in bags
- Excessive branch length or width
- Plastic bags being used
- Non-biodegradable material inside the bag
- Garbage, stumps, soil, rocks, or animal waste being placed in bags
“Tagged” yard debris bags will only be serviced after the policies have been met.
3). Pick-up of yard debris paper bags is not automatic except during the High Season (see below). You will need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday night for paper bag pick-up on Monday. Or you can call and leave a message at 503-635-8333.
4). The yard debris dumpster at the maintenance yard remains an option for everyone. If you wish to use it, come to the Clubhouse front desk to ask for the key and return it by the end of that day to avoid any key replacement fees.
Yard debris may also be dropped off at 25 Abelard St. in the two yard debris containers at the bottom of the RV Storage Lot. Open Hours for Yard Debris Drop-off are on Wednesdays and Fridays from 11AM-2PM.
NO CONTRACTOR DUMPING ALLOWED
Missed pickups: Contact the Landscape Stewardship Department at email@example.com or (503) 635-8333 for missed pickups.
HIGH SEASON (October-December):
5). You may request extra green bins during high debris season (October-December.) These bins can be stored along your house or driveway.
6). The “Store Out of Sight” rule would be waived only for temporary additional green bins and only during the high yard debris season. (October – December.)
7). Yard debris paper bag pick-up will be done every Monday during high yard debris season with no need to email or call for pickup.
Still have questions? Check out our yard debris flow chart to find your answers: YARD DEBRIS CHART
The Mt. Park CC&R’s restricts the parking of recreational vehicles, trailers, boats, etc. on lots within the community. Mountain Park does have space for rent in the RV Lot at 25 Abelard. The RV lot not a covered facility, access is available 24 hours a day and is secure with surveillance and a locked gate.
SPACE SIZES & FEES
Small (usually under 22 feet): $300.00 for six months (billed with semiannual assessment)
Large: $360.00 for six months (billed with semiannual assessment)
APPLYING FOR A SPACE
When signing the lease agreement, a current Oregon Driver’s License and the vehicle title will need to be shown. The rental payment for the current period (up to 6 months) and a $100 proximity FOB deposit will be collected at the time of signing.
Please have the following information available when signing the agreement:
Length of Vehicle
Color/Other Identifying Characteristics
All vehicles in the RV lot are registered with the association. There is currently a waiting list for spaces, so if you are a member of Mountain Park, please contact CC&R Manager at 503-635-3561 to be added to the waiting list.
Part of the responsibility of owning a dog is cleaning up after him/her. Mt. Park is committed to helping you as a dog owner meet the responsibility of cleaning up after your pet by installing 22 dog stations throughout the community on pathways and in parks. These stations have bags and garbage bins for you to use.
Mt. Park regularly removes the garbage and restocks the bags at these stations. Next time you are out walking your furry friend and you forgot a bag, please look around and see if there is one of these stations around and pick up after your pet.
Mt. Park also picks up garbage from the bus stops throughout the community helping to keep your neighborhoods cleaned.