Mt. Park recreation center in Lake Oswego is looking to hire Lifeguards. Most hours are afternoon/evening and weekends. Some morning hours available for swim instructors.
Educate patrons about water safety skills and awareness in a safe and fun environment. Ensure the safety of facility patrons by preventing and responding to emergencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following; Additional duties may be assigned based on utilization and performance.
• Check in with MOD/Lead Guard/Fitness Director/Aquatic Coordinator when first arriving at work.
• Recognize and respond quickly and effectively in emergencies
• Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules and regulations
• Report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the supervisors
• Complete records and reports
• Participate in regular in-service training sessions.
• Complete daily task list.
• Swim 300 yards continuously
• Complete additional duties as assigned by supervisors
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Have or obtain a thorough understanding of facilities emergency action plan
• An understanding of facility characteristics, rules, policies and procedures (training provided)
• Leadership and public relations skills
• Decision-making skills
• Complete and submit accurate time sheets
• Work adjusted schedules and/or overtime as required
• Maintain a safe working environment. Report unsafe conditions to supervisors
• Report out-of-order equipment to supervisors
• Treat all building occupants with courtesy and respect at all times
• Report accidents or incidents immediately to supervisors
• Checking chemicals in all bodies of water.
• Minimum 16 years of age
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
Current certification in the following:
• American Red Cross Lifeguarding and First Aid
• American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
Ability to resolve conflicts using written and verbal English skills. Ability to respond effectively and respectfully to sensitive inquiries and complaints from residents. Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents. Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion with attention to detail. Ability to fairly evaluate circumstances on a case by case basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. Bodily movements include ability to sit; swim; use hands to finger, handle, and lift arms above shoulder level. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, and bend.
The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. The functions of this position are performed in an indoor facility and the employee will be exposed to chlorine, pool chemicals, and lighting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to chemically treated water for a minimum of 1 hour per day. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
If hired as a lifeguard then you 1st and first more responsibility. If you’re offered or given extra work that becomes secondary and not take the place of your original hiring purpose.
Pay is determined on qualifications and experience.
Send us a resume with your swimming experience (personal & professional) and a cover letter explaining these experiences.
Please contact Ashley at Ashley@mtparkhoa.com or 503-635-3561 for more information or questions.